Couscous with Shredded Chicken

Couscous contains almost no fat but is very high in carbohydrates like rice or any swallow foods.

Recipe

1)Couscous

2) Protein of your choice ( beef, chicken, turkey, pork, prawns etc or a combination of several)

3) Fresh veggies, same as you would use for fried rice - carrots, green peas, runner beans, spring onions and I also used red,green and yellow big peppers and some onion)

Procedure:

It's basically like making a stir fry.

I marinated my prawns with the juice of half a lemon, a little salt, half a Knorr cube and 1 small rodo. Mix up and set aside for flavour to penetrate.

For the couscous, I used a tough plastic bowl with a tight lid (Use any bowl that has a cover and won't be ruined by hot water).

I mixed the dry couscous with one Knorr cube and some Camerounian pepper (I like it spicy lol) then poured in just enough boiling water to cover the couscous. (Think of how you use very little water to make Indomie noodles). Too much water and your couscous will become Tuwo.

Cover tightly and put aside for the couscous to absorb the water and swell in size. Meanwhile I chopped up the veggies and fried - tender or crunchy is entirely up to you, but I like mine a little tender. Once done, I added the prawns - and a little butter (prawns and butter are a match made in heaven) Stir fry till prawns are pink and cooked.

Check couscous, and taste. It should taste similar to very small grains of cooked rice and not clump together too much or be too soggy.

Add the couscous and any other spices you like to your veggie and prawn mix. I had a very delicious stew at home so I added a couple of spoons of that too to semi-jollof it, but that's just me. And voila. Couscous concoction yuminess!