How to Make Homemade Italian Meatballs/Meatloaf Roll (spicy)

This Spicy Italian meat loaf is Everything! The flavours are Exquisite! I accompanied the meat loaf with garlic buttery boiled potatoes, onions and tomatoes salad with olive oil drizzle, cucumber and lettuce, the combo is a match made in heaven! This is a Pictorial recipe because I know you would like to try.

Ingredients:

Olive oil for greasing (use any)


125g chorizo or Italian sausages

175g red onion ( use any)

2 garlic cloves

450g minced beef

5 level tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Salt and pepper

150g fresh white breadcrumbs (I used 50/50 bread) and Save another 125g for the final bits.

150ml passata (I used dolmio, you can use tomatoes if that's what you have)

75g cheese

2 eggs & 1 egg yoke (save the white for the finals)

Method:

First and foremost please wash your hands well as this involves mixing/kneading.

1. Take crusts of your bread & cut into a blender.

2. Give it 5sec whiz

Like so

3. Set aside

4. Chop onions and set garlic for crushing

5. Get parsley ready & chop

6. Get a foil and brush it with oil and set aside

7. Be generous with the brushing for easy removal in the end then get a bread tin ready.

8. I didn't have passata so I used dolmio. You can also substitute with blended plum/tomatoes ( don't be a recipe robot oh, lol)

9. Chop the chorizo

10. Now in a bowl, add the mince, salt, pepper, seasoning, tomatoes, onions, parsley, the bread scrumbs, 2 eggs & a yoke.

Like so

11. Crush in the garlic

12. Add the tomatoes and give it a good mix with your hands

13. Till it comes together

14. Mix well again like this into a big ball lol, set this aside

15. The other part of the bread crumbs is for the topping. I ran out normal bread so I used a breadcrumb I found in my cupboard.

16. This is from Lidl, you can use bread still as thats what the recipe says.

17. Add the cheese & the egg white

18. Mix till it comes together

19. Now lay the mince to form a rectangular shape on the oiled foil using your hands. Please ensure your foil is long enough to wrap round nicely.

20. With your hands lay/ spread on the cheese mix.

21. Fold in the from the side towards you 1st

22. Bring the other side of the foil to wrap around it

23. Gently flip it over to tighten

Like so

24. Place nicely and firmly in the loaf pan

25. I made 2 so I can freeze one ready for another day as I doubled the recipe. Worth doing as the process can seem too long but trust me it is worth all the time.

26. Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour. At 180 degrees.

27. After an hour this is what you get. You will need to pop it back into the oven with foil open to brown/crisp up for 15mins

28. Final product after browning , garnished with parsley and on a bed of lettuce ready for the table

Slice and serve with whatever you like. But you will miss out on this heavenly combo if you don't have it like this, I did same following the recipe and oh my goodness gracious...it was Everything! Enjoy!