How to Thicken Watery Vegetable Soup When You Don't Like Overcooked Veggies

Happy cooking to all you my friends. Cooking is sweet and anybody that tells you otherwise, just know that he don't know how to cook.

Cooking is fun to me, which supports my creative mind to be the always perfect cooker among my pears.

I want to share this tip to my fellow soup loving cooks, it might help some one some day.

I was cooking a vegetable soup (waterleave and ugwu) when I noticed it was kind of thick.

So I decided to add little water to it. By the time I add the water it was as though I poured one bucket of water into my almost done soup.

Wahala! I dont like over cooked veggies to leave it to dry.

Ha! The next thing that came to mind was a thickener.

Where am I going to get a soup thickener at home?

Something just whisper to my mind to use Quaker Oats, afterall it's one of the obvious stuffs I have in my kitchen

Well, it acted as a good thickner. Infact the soup come sweet eh! Oh you needed to taste it.

So before your children or audience attack you crying about watery soup, try Quaker Oats as a thickener.

Reporting live from my kitchen!

......
This is from one of the best known cookers from Nigeria. If you have similar tips or testimony, you can use the contact button to drop us your message.