Aromatic Chicken Saffron Yogurt Recipe

Forget the looks of this Aromatic Chicken with Saffron Yogurt as the taste is out of this World!

So I told my hubby to let me roast this chicken for our Sunday dinner, just because I have a recipe I wanted to try out plus I bought one of the most expensive spice listed in the recipe "Saffron" £4 for a tiny little thing (will show the pic) I got more curious as what the taste would be as this saffron come be like gold hian! Lol.

Anyway it got a bit burnt as I was roasting all the roast able sides & oven was too high. Too hungry to plate it fancy too but the taste is the ish!

#‎LetsGetCooking‬

Recipe:

1 tsp garam masala

1 tsp turmeric

1/4 tsp chili powder( I used 1 tsp)

3 cloves garlic crushed & one grated (I crushed all 😀)

4cm ginger peeled & grated ( I eyeballed it)

Juice of 1 lemon

1 tbsp tomato purée

300ml whole milk natural yogurt

1 large chicken

Large pinch of saffron

1 tbsp panch phoran

28g pack of coriander leaves!

1. Measure all in a bowl

2. Squeeze in the lemon or if it's its juice

3. Measure in the yogurt

4. Chop in the coriander

5. I added all purpose seasoning (my twist, recipe didn't say so.

6. Now mix all together properly

7.
Slash the washed chicken

8. Pour all the mix and rub it all over the chicken

Like so

9. Now add the strands of saffron & panch phoran by sprinkling them on
Saffron

Like so

10. It will look like this

11. For best results keep in the fridge to marinate till next day. I did this last night.

12.
Whacked it in the oven this afternoon with cover on. Let it cook for an hour & take lid off to for brown up/crisp up for 30mins.

13.
I left mine more than the stated mins because I didn't want to open the oven on the Yorkshire puddings so it got burnt but was still very very yummy! Will I cook it again? Yes! Lol


The remains of the chicken. Lol